A little recap of some recent activities at OCWH and their community partners:
- The Center served as one of five locations for the Houston Food Truck Relief Rally on Sept.16, sponsored by The Greater Houston Black Chamber and Shell.
- OCWH’s community partner, St. Thomas Presbyterian Church at the corner of Memorial and Bateswood opened as an emergency shelter. Blackhawks delivered people to the shelter and by the end of the week, over 750 people had passed through their doors.
- The Center served as a temporary food pantry in the week immediately following with hundreds from our community stopping by for much needed and scarce supplies.
- FamilyPoint Resources opened a camp for children at the Center every day from 12:30-2:30 pm until school resumed the first week of September.
- FamilyPoint and other tenants from the Center sent crews out to homes in the neighborhood to help with clean up. Firemen from FDNY, The Bronx, New York even stopped by the Center with supplies and to see how they could help!
And a special thank you to Bill Raines of GranQuartz for partnering with us to repair FamilyPoint’s Community Library at Outreach Center of West Houston after water damage from Harvey rains! We’re getting things back in shape!
OCWH’s mission is to be a platform for non-profit organizations in the West Houston area to connect with the local community. We bridge these organizations with our friends and neighbors to make possible truly life-changing and life-saving opportunities.
When you give…
When you give to the Center, whether it’s as a donor, event sponsor or volunteer, you are giving to our local community and helping to restore broken families and individuals. Healthy people means a healthy community.
Call Jorge Quiñones, Executive Director, 281-497-7211.