Leadercast 2018 Day of Event Details
Please see below for a taste of what is to be expected on May 4! It's not too late. We have a full house but we have a few more seats with your name on it. If you are already registered, feel free to forward to someone you believe would benefit in attending and wants to grow as a leader worth following. We look forward to seeing you on May 4. Walk-ins welcome!
Here are details for the day:
- Where: The Journey (In the shopping center with TJ Maxx), 13186 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77079
- When: Doors open at 7:00 for registration and breakfast. You're welcome to spend this first part of our event networking, buying raffle tickets and visiting our sponsor tables. Please be in your seat by 7:45am for the start of the event.
- Dress is casual.
- Tickets: Single Admission: $150 at the door; Groups of 2 or more will receive a discount. Please call or email for discount codes.
- Goodie Bags: Each attendee will receive a goodie bag with a Leadercast Journal, snacks, and other items related to games and door prizes.
- Games & Door Prizes: Everyone attending the event will be eligible to win one of our door prizes from Blue Willow Bookshop and/or Dick's Sporting Goods.
- Raffle: We will be selling raffle tickets to win a pair of Astro's tickets, a Bose Bluetooth Speaker, a pair of Bose wireless headphones, or a Google Home. Total prize value of approximately $600. Tickets are $5 each, 3 tickets for $10 or 8 tickets for $20. Bring your cash or credit card!
- Breakfast will be provided by Shipley's starting at 7:00 am. Drinks are provided by Memorial Drive United Methodist Church.
- Lunch is provided by Chick-fil-A. We will have snacks available during breaks.
- Keynote Lunch Speaker: Our lunch time speaker is Randy Guttenberger, author of Managing Your Crazy Self!
- Our Master of Ceremonies: We are thrilled to have Mr. Richard Nevins as our MC this year. You may have seen Richard perform in a Junior League Charity Show over the years or perhaps met him at an Astro's or Rocket's game. As a lifelong Houstonian, Richard knows everyone and is a blast to be around.
- CEU Credits: If you are looking for Continuing Education Credits, remember that you can ONLY claim CEU credits through the Leadercast App. For more information about CEUs, open the Leadercast app and go to Event > CEU/CNE Credits.
- Photos - We will have a photographer in the morning taking pictures and will have Insta-frames and props for your social media pictures & videos.
- Speakers: The full list of speakers can be found at Leadercast 2018 Speakers
"Great leaders make great communities!"
This is why OCWH hosts Leadercast each year. We believe in making strong Houston leaders.
Friday May 4, 2018
7:00 AM registration and breakfast
7:45 get ready for the simulcast
Ends approximately 3:30 PM CDT
13186 Memorial Dr.
Houston, TX 77079
Download the Leadercast Journey App
We encourage all attendees to download the Leadercast Journey app before the event. Check in and post your host site location on the event wall for a chance to win a prize. The app allows to you to connect with other leaders around the world, view speaker bios/ information and will have each of the speakers' summaries a week after the event.
Download it at Google Play or the App Store. Once downloaded, skip the "passcode" and click "download guide" and you're in!
About Leadercast Houston 2018
Leadercast Live is the largest one-day leadership conference event in the world. Broadcast live from Atlanta to hundreds of locations around the world each year. And we are honored to be a host site for our Houston community leaders again this year.
Leadercast Live is an experience filled with inspiring messages and rich interaction between fellow leaders who want to be intentional about raising their standard of leadership.
Leadercast Live 2018 Speakers
Baseball Hall of Fame Manager
Joe Torre is a Baseball Hall of Fame inductee, the Chief Baseball Officer for the MLB, Chairman of the Joe Torre Safe At Home Foundation, and a widely respected former baseball manager and player. He ranks fifth in all-time managerial wins and is a 4-time ESPY Award winner for Best Manager/Coach of the Year. Joe will entertain the audience with stories from his years as a player and coach in the MLB, but more importantly, will pass on his lessons of responding to failure and trusting yourself and your team.
Author, Speaker and CEO
Michael Hyatt, founder and CEO of Michael Hyatt & Company, a leadership development firm, is Leadercast 2018's keynote speaker. Michael specializes in transformative live events, workshops, as well as digital and physical planning tools.
Formerly chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, Michael's work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Inc., Fast Company, Businessweek, Entrepreneur, and numerous other publications.
Leadership Communicator and
Andy Stanley, Leadercast 2018 Speaker, is a powerful leadership communicator and best-selling author.
Considered one of the most influential speakers in America, Andy is the author of 20-plus books. His leadership books include Deep & Wide; When Work & Family Collide; Visioneering; and Next Generation Leader. His culturally relevant and practical insights for life and leadership are viewed through television and podcast globally with over six million monthly episodes.
Host of Leadercast Live 2018
Tripp Crosby, Leadercast Live 2018 Host, puts smiles on the faces of millions as a comedic host, inspirational speaker, and content creator. He is most widely known as the taller half of Tripp and Tyler, a world-famous YouTube sketch comedy duo.
Tripp’s career started behind the camera, and he continues to make his mark as an influential director. Tripp’s first feature- length movie is currently in development, and he is working closely with the city of Atlanta to help foster the rapid growth of content creation business.
Acrobat, Aerialist, Author, and Speaker
Leadercast Live 2018 welcomes Jen Bricker for the first time. Born without legs, Jen’s amazing story of the power love, hope, and faith, is a perfect living example of leading yourself well.
Always challenging herself, Jen is an accomplished acrobat and aerialist. Her incredible story has been featured on multiple shows, including HBO Real Sports, 20/20 and Good Morning America.
Her latest accomplishment is the release of her first book, Everything Is Possible: Finding the Faith and Courage to Follow Your Dreams.
DR. JIM LOEHR
Chairman, CEO, and Co-founder of the Human Performance Institute
Jim Loehr, Leadercast 2018 Speaker, is Chairman, CEO, and Co-founder of the Human Performance Institute, focusing on improving productivity and engagement of elite performers. For over 30 years, Dr. Loehr has worked with hundreds of world-class performers from sports to law enforcement to Fortune 100 executives, as well as FBI, Hostage Rescue Teams and Army Special Forces.
Dr. Loehr is a world-renowned performance psychologist. He is the author of thirteen books including the national bestseller The Power of Full Engagement.
U.S. Navy Pilot, Speaker & Trainer
Having been in one of the highest pressure and most extreme environment, the cockpit of a Mach 1, Carey Lohrenz knows what it takes to win and to lead yourself well.
As the was the first female F-14 Tomcat Fighter Pilot in the U.S. Navy, Carey's experience in the all-male environment of fighter aviation has given her the authority to pass on the leadership lessons learned in her career.
IAN MORGAN CRON
Bestselling Author, Psychotherapist, Enneagram Teacher and Speaker
Ian Morgan Cron is a bestselling author, psychotherapist, Enneagram teacher, Episcopal priest, and the host of the popular podcast, Typology. His books include the novel Chasing Francis, the spiritual memoir Jesus, My Father, the CIA, and Me, and The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery.
Known for his transparency, humor, and depth of insight into the inner workings of the human heart and mind, he is a sought-after speaker, thinker, and advisor to a growing roster of clients such as the Discovery Channel, Ramsey Solutions, and the Michael Hyatt Company, among others.
Engineer, Physician and NASA Astronaut
Dr. Mae C. Jemison is an American engineer, physician and NASA astronaut who became the first woman of color in the world to go into space when she flew aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour in 1992. Dr. Jemison is an icon of both the women’s rights and civil rights movement, inducted into both the National Women’s Hall of Fame (1993) and the International Space Hall of Fame (2004).
A strong, committed global voice for science literacy, she founded the international science camp The Earth We Share™ (TEWS) for students 12-16 years old from around the world.
Involved and leading in a wide range of programs and causes, Dr. Jemison has received the National Organization for Women’s Intrepid Award and the Kilby Science Award. Jemison appeared on an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, hosted the Discovery Channel series World of Wonder, and was chosen by People magazine as one of the “World’s 50 Most Beautiful People.”
COO and President, North America of FOCUS Brands
Kat Cole’s twitter handle reads “Connected-Creative-Conscious-Community building Capitalist, Biz Advisor, MBA, Coffee-loving Chronic Learner”—this not only describes her as a person, it describes the philosophies she applies to business, brands and life.
Her personal story, business approach and perspectives on leadership have been the subject of feature articles in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Cosmopolitan and many other business, trade and interest publications.
She is often quoted as saying “don’t forget where you came from, but don’t you dare let it solely define you,” a mantra she applies still today to encourage learning, constant improvement and helping teams and businesses embrace their roots while driving innovation and growth.