Prevent the spread of Covid-19
The Outreach Center of West Houston will be reopening its doors on Monday, May 11, 2020.
We will return to our normal hours of operation, absent any unforeseen setbacks or changes in the current state and local policies and guidelines related to the COVID-19 virus.
It is our desire to do so in a manner that will emphasize the health and safety of both our staff working at the Center, as well as of those utilizing the Center for their meetings and business activities. The following stated protocols and guidelines have been put in place to provide certain precautions that will assist in that objective.
Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they are in public.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
Regular handwashing is one of the best ways to remove germs, avoid getting sick, and prevent the spread of germs to others.
Follow these five steps every time.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Put distance between yourself and other people outside of your home.
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
We ask each of you and your constituents to please act in a responsible manner while in the building and on the grounds and to respect the welfare of those around you by adhering to these guidelines.
A complete list of our guidelines can be downloaded here: OCWH Reopening Guidelines